Brooklyn, NY

what does leukocyte esterase small 1+ negative a mean in a urinei had to take another one. my doctor said. 99% it will be fine. i'm still worried.

Dr. Babak Khazaeni
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
Possible UTI: It means you might have a small bladder infection. If you don't have any symptoms it maybe due to how the sample was collected. You should get a repeat test and a urine culture which is what your doctor probably wants to do.
Dr. Nader Roheny
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Most likely nothing: If you were not on any antibiotics for a urinary tract infection recently, this finding is of no significance.