U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

What what kind of provider do you see for lactation problems?

2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Nguyen Nguyen
Pediatrics 51 years experience
Lactation specialist: Lactation specialists are usually nurses that have experience in helping mother with their nursing issues. You can get referral from the nursery nurses, or look them up in the internet for one near you. There is a volunteer organization called "la leche league" that also helps nursing mothers all over the world.
Dr. Alison Stuebe
21 years experience
ABM member: The academy of breastfeeding medicine is an international physician organization of doctors dedicated to supporting lactation. Abm fellows have extensive experience managing breastfeeding issues -- see http://www.Bfmed.Org/ for more information.
Last updated Aug 28, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.