can i get a tummy tuck for around $3000? (my belly is in the way of everything i hate the way i look in clothes, my tummy is bigger than my behind)

3 doctor answers
Dr. Lawrence Colen
45 years experience Plastic Surgery
Probably not: Prices vary depending upon where you live, but when you add the fees of the surgeon, the anesthetist, and the facility it will likely be more than twice that amount.
Answered on Jan 4, 2015
2
2 comments
1
Dr. Jason Hess
Dr. Jason Hess commented
19 years experience Plastic Surgery
3000 may not actually pay for a well executed tummy tuck. I think the lease expensive I have seen for a plastic surgeon to perform this surgery is in the range of 5-6k and much higher. It is critical for your own safety to see only board certified plastic surgeons. Paying a fair sum for this surgery will reduce higher costs associated with future revision surgery
Jan 4, 2015
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto commented
36 years experience Breast Surgery
Or you may find someone who is not actually a plastic surgeon and get what you pay for…
Apr 12, 2014
Dr. Jason Hess
19 years experience Plastic Surgery
Abdominoplasty: 3000 may not actually pay for a well executed tummy tuck. I think the lease expensive I have seen for a plastic surgeon to perform this surgery is in the range of 5-6k and much higher. It is critical for your own safety to see only board certified plastic surgeons. Paying a fair sum for this surgery will reduce higher costs associated with future revision surgery
Answered on Jan 4, 2015
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
40 years experience Plastic Surgery
Probably not: Be careful price shopping elective surgery - remember that it is still surgery. Do not make a choice based on price alone. Consult with board certified plastic surgeons and choose someone you trust. They can help you discuss financing options. Generally speaking, cheap surgery often produces sub-par results, some of which can seriously compromise your safety. Best wishes!
Answered on Jan 29, 2018