A member asked:

I was circumcised as a baby, but somehow a small piece of skin is still attached to my penis. should i cut the skin off?

10 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. James Kuan answered

Specializes in Urology

No: Unless the skin is painful or tears with erections or stimulation, i would suggest doing nothing.

Answered 1/30/2015


Dr. Joseph Eastern answered

Specializes in Dermatology

Should YOU? No.: This is not a procedure (nor a work area) for do-it-yourselfers. A little piece of foreskin is not going to get in your way or otherwise cause you any inconvenience, so there is no need to do anything. If you find it unacceptable cosmetically, let a doctor remove it, please!

Answered 10/4/2016


Dr. George Klauber answered

Specializes in Pediatric Urology

Yes if U R a surgeon: Otherwise let a doctor, urologist or surgeon remove it.

Answered 10/22/2012


Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Save it for kitchen: This is not uncommon. If you want to do some DIY activities you should save it for those renovations around the house. At least there you can call someone in on a non urgent basis if you mess up. Here you can trigger an infection or serious bleeding that could permanently scar your friend. Either leave it alone or have someone that does that for a living decide what should be done.

Answered 7/14/2017



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question