My eyes are very hooded. how effective is a botox brow lift (a.k.a. chemical browlift)?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Glenn Messina answered

Specializes in Aesthetic Medicine

Not the solution: If your upper eyelids are very hooded then Botox is not for you.The relaxation of the frontalis muscles on the forehead will cause more pressure on your already burdened upper lids. The situation could get worse. If they are that bad a surgical eyelid lift ( blepharoplasty) is better for you.

Answered 6/24/2014

4.2k views

Dr. Brian Maloney answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

BOTOX can Lift: BOTOX placed at the crowsfeet and in the frown lines betwen the eyebrows can lift the eyebrows. The amount of lift will vary from person to person.

Answered 6/5/2015

2.7k views

Not effective: A botox brow lift is used to target the lateral aspect of the brow. This will have minimal effect on excess hooding which could be a combination of excess eyelid skin (dermatochalasis) and a low brow. If this is the case, then frequently people compensate unknowingly by keeping the brow elevated. In this scenario a brow lift is needed initially plus or minus a blepharoplasty afterwards.

Answered 10/11/2015

2.2k views