U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome last year and i have been coping, could i possibly have crohn's disease?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jonah Essers
Pediatric Gastroenterology 19 years experience
You may need tests: Many symptoms of ibs and crohn's disease overlap, including diarrhea, abdominal pain. Most people with ibs do not have crohn's disease as well. However, because of the overlap, you will need a gastroenterologist to help sort this out for you and most likely will involve blood tests, stool tests, and likely a colonoscopy.
Last updated Oct 9, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.