Brooklyn, NY

i have pcos and my lh:fsh ratio is typically 3:1 throughout my 40-50 cycle, but it reaches 1:1 at time of menses (whenever they come). why is this?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Why rechecking?: I am not sure why you are rechecking your lh/fsh ratio. This test can be used once as supportive evidence of pcos but there is no value in rechecking it as the information it provides does not guide the clinical management in anyway or provide any new information that the patient can use. It will also vary depending on what day of the cycle it is done.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016