U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Mooresville, NC
A 27-year-old male asked:

I feel pain in my right chest when i take a deep breath or when i pull my chests together rounding the shoulder blades.

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Keshab Paudel
Internal Medicine 21 years experience
Pleuritic Pain: This either could be due to pulled muscle or due to some viral infection of the lungs. If you continue to experience these symptoms, you may want to see a doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Bryan Delage
undefined 34 years experience
Pleuritic pain comes from irritation of the pleura most likely from infection or inflammation. Anti-inflammatories may help. If you have other symptoms including cough and fever see your physician .
Apr 1, 2014
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 49 years experience
Muscle: This eems to be an overuse or irrirtiation of the intercostal muscles ( between ribs )- no heavy excercise, bending or lifting. Over the counter nsaids such as either advil or aleve (naproxen). If symtoms persist beyond 7 days- get a chest xray.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 6, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.