I recently received the Depo-Provera shot after having a cyst found on my ovaries. I did have unprotected sex a day after the shot . I missed my period the la?

Dr. Danny Westmoreland
35 years experience in Family Medicine
Problem: I am a physician that does not like Depo-Provera shots for most women. I did early but found a problem. Like you, they were not sure if their control was still in effect at the end of the cycle do to missed periods. You are concerned about early instead of 3 months but this was a real problem and resulted in frequent pregnancy tests.
Answered on Feb 19, 2015