I was moving furniture in my home and a heavy bed (over 300lbs) fell on my great toe. i can bend the toe and walk but it's throbing and tingly.

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Toe Injury: There is little to do if the toe is fractured given how you report you are able to bear weight and ambulate. The toe may get bigger through swelling for another day or so. If you have any pain that is intolerable you may want to see your doctor.
Dr. James Dukelow
Podiatry 31 years experience
It needs rest: Some big toe fractures can cause some problems when it comes to healing. Since it is so important in propelling you in your gait, the big toe does a lot of work, it needs to rest to heal. Most of the time a surgical sandal is dispensed, even if it is a bruise or a sprain, so as to limit motion. Taping also helps. If it is not improving, then you should get some medical attention.
Dr. Sanjay Patel
Podiatry 32 years experience
Injured toe: needs to be looked at to see of any injury occurred with bone and or nail and if you have bleeding under nail as well.. See a foot specialist for help. Once proper diagnosis is made then proper treatment plan will be determined and you will have less pain.

Last updated Nov 16, 2016