Australia

I have been sick lately and for a few days had yellowish mucus flowing from my right nostril. that has stopped and now i'm finding blood in my snot?

Dr. Ryan Taylor
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Sinusitis: May have sinusitis. Any headache, facial or tooth/jaw pain?
Dr. William Culviner
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
URI: At this point, it sounds like things are improving. You seem to have some residual symptoms from the viral infection. It might be best to see your primary doctor or an ENT doctor to further evaluate. Rinse your nose with nasal saline or a neti pot. This can help moisturize the nose and reduce the bloody drainage.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Uri: You most likely had a viral upper respiratory tract infection with nasal congestion and discharge. Because of congestion veins in the nasal passages bled a little and some dried blood is now evident. If you have marked dryness apply small amounts of vaseline inside the nostrils to avoid more cracking open of a vein.

Last updated Dec 22, 2016