Fear of gaining weight obsession with food weight loss calorie counting, depression, low self esteem, self harm, preoccupation with food what is this?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Daniel Sternberg answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

This is something that you seek professional help for, to help you figure it out. Depression sounds like the main thing here, and is causing everything else to feel even worse. There is help available for this. Contact your family doctor first, and then you can have your doctor recommend a counselor. I would do this sooner than later. You really can get over this!

Answered Nov 26, 2014

4.3k views