my mri read said a few scattered isolated t2/flair abnormalities in the sub cortical region... what does that mean?

Dr. Walter Husar
Neurology 33 years experience
Non-specific: There are many different names for this that is seen on MRI of the brain in normal adults. Initially there were called ubo (unidentified white objects) and currently called non-specific abnormalities which depend on how widespread can be a variant of normal, seen in patients with migraine headaches, lyme disease and possibly in patients with mild demyelinating dx.Talk with your doctor if concerned.
Dr. Lauren Stegman
Radiation Oncology 27 years experience
Sometimes Nothing: This is a common finding and may be part of the normal aging process. Sometimes these spots are called "ubo's" which stands for "unidentified bright objects". They can also be related to old strokes, multiple sclerosis or other problems. A doctor should be able to help determine if these are important or not based on a patient's history and physical exam.