United Arab Emirates

I had my discoid meniscus surgery 2weeks ago and i got an exercise by my physio to lie on my stomach and raise my leg when i do it my knee popsno pain?

Dr. Marc Tressler
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
Common: When the discoid meniscus is debrided to make a semilunar shape, the contour of the edges tend to be irregular. This makes the popping sound more likely. The body should recontour this edge over time, and the noise will lessen or subside. General rule is "noise" is no big deal, but "painful noise" may be a problem. If you experience pain, see surgeon who did the work-- might need steroid shot.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 29, 2014