I have opiate and alcohol overdose, should i be concerned?

12 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Brian Lynch answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Alcohol ; opiates: I'm sorry but it's not clear what you mean by an overdose. Whatever you mean it seems like you have some kind of problem if you're addicted to alcohol or opiates that is certainly a problem. If you think you're taking too many much of these it's a problem. There's an old saying if you think you have a problem you do. I would sit down with a professional and be frank and get a thorough answer.

Answered 1/14/2015

4.3k views

Dr. Robert Killian answered

Specializes in General Practice

Overdose is deadly: Yes. I am concerned for you if you are not. Please get to the nearest medical center immediately. Or consider checking yourself into a detox center. I can promise you that whatever you are feeling now there is a solution on the other side of getting clean that may surprise you. Please get help tonight so that you are safe and then be teachable and take suggestions. It is time to thrive.

Answered 4/4/2014

4.3k views

Dr. Diane Minich answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

If you took: An overdose of both call 911 now. If you have a problem with both then you need to discuss with your doctor or go to a rehab center. Good luck and get the help you need.

Answered 8/10/2017

4.3k views

Dr. Pamela Pappas answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Goodness, yes!: The combination of opiates and alcohol can be deadly, especially in overdose. Please get to an emergency room asap. Do not drive yourself. Call 911 if you have to. If using these medications often, you may be addicted as well, and need help for that too.

Answered 3/31/2014

4.3k views