Canada

I'm actually at 25 weeks in my pregnancy and took 35 lbs! i'd like to know if i can try to stay about at this weight by doing more exercise?

Dr. Yusuf Mathai
Diet and exercise: Exercise during pregnancy is definitely encouraged. However do not over exert yourself. More importantly especially during pregnancy is diet. While the common adage is that you are eating for 2, that is not the reality. You only need about 200-400 extra calories per day. Making some minor changes to you diet and avoiding "junk food" will help maintain your current weight. Hope this helps.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Encourage you: To exercise (in a moderate manner) ; eat healthfully. But don't recommend trying to remain at a fixed weight as your pregnancy progresses. Do recommend that you be mindful of your weight gain. Work with your physician and possibly a nutritionist. Take care.
Last updated Oct 22, 2014