Acworth, GA

mucosal thickening in the right great than left maxillary & sphenoid sinuses with scattered mucosal disease in ethmoid air cells. what's this mean?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 60 years experience
Maybe nothing: The fact that you have scattered mucosal thickening (not necessarily disease) in the sinuses does not necessarily equate to disease. Do you have yellow-green nasal discharge, post nasal discharge, pain or pressure in the face or top of the head? These are the major symptoms of rhino-sinusitis. In other words, are you feeling ill? Check with an ENT doctor.