Shawnee, OK

just started abilify (aripiprazole). went from 2 to 5mg. experiencing restless insomnia and mental fog ("spacing out" a lot). will this go away with time?

Dr. Austina Cho
It may or may not.: Some people may experience increased activation, agitation or restlessness on abilify (aripiprazole). If you have them longer than a week, than you should discuss the possibility of a med change w/ your doctor.
Dr. Meredith Moroff
Maybe...: It's possible. Some side effects go away after a few days, some don't. If you are taking it at bedtime, switch to the morning. Did you tolerate the 2mg? Did it help, or you felt nothing? These are things to think about for your next appt with your md. Make sure you talk before changing meds by yourself. You can try otc Benadryl (diphenhydramine) to fall asleep if you are still finding you can't stop moving at night.