Independence, MO

I cut my calories a lot by cutting fat & eating vegs. drink a lot of water. not hungry for snacks. should i still eat snacks to keep matabolism going?

Dr. John Munshower
Not necessary: It is not necessary to eat snacks to keep your metabolism going.
Dr. Holly Maes
No, not needed: You do want to make sure you get some protein in your diet as well. This can be in the form of lean nets, an egg or nuts. Thus, if you are feeling a "need" for a snack, a handful of nuts would be an excellent option. Empty, unhealthy intake from "snacks" are not need for metabolism - the water you are drinking is!
Last updated Mar 27, 2014