Canada

Can a liver/gallbladder problem cause pleurisy or any other kind of annoying dull chest pain that a month ago emergency insisted wasn't my heart?

Dr. Jeff Durgin
General Surgery 20 years experience
Follow-up as directed: The gallbladder to cause pain in the right upper quarter of the abdomen and epigastric region which can radiate to the back and lower chest. Peptic ulcer disease can also cause epigastric and lower chest pain. Other non-cardiac causes of chest pain include pleurisy, which is inflammation of the lining of the lung; muscle strain; and many other things. I'm glad you had your heart checked in the emergency department however I am sure they told you to follow up with your regular doctor and this is extremely important.

Last updated Mar 21, 2014