U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Oak Park, CA
A 51-year-old female asked:

I have a numb spot that itches on the bottom of my foot that nothing relieves. i do have lower back problems. what can i do to get it to stop?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marwan Akasheh
Hematology and Oncology 40 years experience
Low back ache: Get a lumbar MRI since you could have lumbar disc prolapse numming your foot.
Dr. James Dukelow
Podiatry 32 years experience
Topical medication: From what you are describing is an area on localized on your foot, which is referred to as a dermatome. It is an area supplied by nerves that originate in the lower back. There are topical preparations (usually a formulation of 3 or so compounds) that relieve such symptoms. Check with your dr.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 7, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.