United Kingdom

My normal sleep hour were 8, now needing at least 10 hrs to function, is this hypersomnia, or has my body changed wid age or is need for 10 hrs normal ?

Dr. Peter Forster
Hypersomnia: This change makes me wonder about the possibility that you might be either taking a medication that is causing you to sleep more, or that you have a sleep disorder that is interrupting your sleep, or that you have a mild form of depression, or possibly some other medical condition. You should see your doctor for an evaluation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 7, 2016