U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Finleyville, PA
A 23-year-old male asked:

I have a sharp pain from my right knee shooting up to my groin feels like knee is popping as well that comes and goes. should i seek attention?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
Yes: You may benefit from seeing an osteopathic physician for consult. S/he can do a full osteopathic examination, and do a musculoskeletal examination of your knees and lower extremities are doing, and how stable your knee is in relation to your hips, pelvis, and lower back. The problem may be affecting your knees secondarily from somewhere else. Time to get relief, and get treated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 3, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.