Feeling some weird pressure in teeth on biting after permanent filling.

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Jeffrey Briney answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Most likely you have a "high" bite which means that when the filling was placed; you were probably unable to properly bite when checked by your dentist. It is a simple fix: have your dentist perform a bite adjustment on the filling. It literally will only take 5 minutes. Now that you are not numb, you will be able to properly bite into the articulating paper to show your dentist. Dr jeffrey briney.

Answered Jun 17, 2015

4.4k views

Dr. Robert Hulbert answered

Specializes in

If the filling was just recently placed, like last few days, it may be your just getting used to having a different material in your mouth and contacting your opposing tooth. If it persists though, you need to see the dentist who placed it as it may need to be adjusted, and only the dentist can do this properly. Good luck.

Answered Apr 22, 2014

4.3k views

Dr. Robert Devin answered

Specializes in Dentistry

New fillings should feel like your bite did before they were placed. If your new filling feels 'tall' or your bite is high to the new filling call your dds and have him check your bite for an adjustment.

Answered Apr 24, 2015

4.3k views