Canada

I am no better after seeing two psychiatrists, my anxiety is very bad still, and i'm lucky to get 2 hours sleep a night, without vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine). pls help ?

Dr. Emma Rishton
Clinical Psychology 14 years experience
Regular treatment : Have you tried seeing a therapist regularly? Sometimes psychiatrists are time limited and can't provide regular sessions. Ask your psychiatrist for psychotherapy or a referral. There are lots of good therapists out there that are well trained in helping with anxiety. You can also look into yoga and meditation. Good luck and best wishes.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
41 years experience
Which anxiety?: There are a number of different types of anxiety. See. A family doctor to rule out physical causes. See a third psychiatrist and go online and print out the sheehan anvxiety. Scale, the liebowitz social anxiety scale, the mdq (mood disorders questionnaire, the fss, the fatigue severity scale, the ptsd civilian questionnare, the vanderbilt adult azdhd rating scale, the epworth sleepiness scale, and the yale-brown obsessive-compulsive disorder questionnaire.Fill these out and take these to your new doctor appointment with you and your doctor should be able to pinpoint which anxiety disorders are bothering you and come up with an adequate treatment plan. Not all anxieties are the same and not all respond the same treatments equally. Best wishes.
Last updated Apr 7, 2018