Idaho Falls, ID

My doctor put me on vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) today. but i still felt sleepy at work and fell asleep. i'm so placebo i never know if it's working. is it the dosage?

Dr. Alfredo Soto
Yes: If you just started, the doctor probably gave you a low dose to make sure you do not get side effects or an allergic reaction. If it was 20 mg as stated above that is a starting dose and vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) can be increased soon. I do not know what you mean by placebo, but obviously if you don't notice it working then it is not a placebo. Stick with it and wait to maximize the dose. It can go as high as 60 mg.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): 20 mg. Is lowest dose. Talk with your prescribing doc. About that, & also exploring other causes of daytime sleepiness, if not already done so.
Last updated May 8, 2016