I had an inguinal hernia repair surgery last year, what exercises can i do to tone my obliques and abs?

Dr. Barry Rosen
General Surgery 35 years experience
1SizeDOESNOT Fit All: The goal of any operation is to get people back to their baseline activity (and most people can!).However, activity restrictions may vary quite a bit from patient-to-patient, depending on the size and type of hernia, the nature of the repair, and the patient's health. Abdominal exercises will stress the repair, but the ability of your body to tolerate this stress is best answered by your surgeon.
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
excellent explanation
Apr 13, 2012
Dr. Rafael Lugo
General Surgery 29 years experience
Recommend: The best excercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles are those that strengthen the core. Some of these are the traditional plank, mountain climber, and any exercise that challenges your balance.

Last updated Mar 6, 2015