I have polycystic kidney disease. i am not as energetic as i used to be and i am only 31. can i take geritol? i heard it gives you energy.

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Francisco R. Rodriguez answered

Specializes in Urology

CKD: I hope that you are under the care of a nephrologist who is following your renal function. If you are feeling tired, your renal function may be getting worse and you may have anemia. See your doctor and follow his recommendations.

Answered 6/2/2014

4.4k views

Dr. Maulik Shah answered

Specializes in Clinical Genetics

Please see a doctor: There is very little risk in taking Geritol but that depends on your kidney function. Excess of vitamins can be harmful and your vitamin dose and regimen can be tailored to your kidney function.

Answered 9/24/2016

4k views

Polycystic kidney: Be sure to have blood testing done to determine level of kidney function and potassium and calcium and phosphate. Hemoglobin should be checked, too, along with serum iron levels. Geritol is a good vitamin and iron supplement. Blood testing should be done first.

Answered 8/14/2014

3.8k views