what can i take that will boost my energy level? why am i always so tired? i have had my thyroid checked already. i'm 31 with deformed kidneys& stagho

2 doctor answers
Dr. Gebrehana Zebro (formerly Woldegiorgis)
Better to identify: You stated that you have kidney problem but did not elaborate to what extent the damage is . If you have kidney failure , tiredness is to be expected due to several reasons . Furthermore , there are many conditions that cause or contribute to lack of energy or tiredness . It is always important to find out the cause so that appropriate solution can be found . My suggestion to have through evaluation.
Answered on Aug 27, 2013
1
Dr. Jack Rubin
47 years experience Nephrology and Dialysis
Tired and stones.: If you have staghorn calculi and are tired, you may be hypercalcemic (h). H can cause a multitude of symptoms, one of which is fatigue. I would go to a physician and have some blood taken, and if you have h, have a PTH level sent to see if you have hyperparathyroidism. Other causes of fatigue, such as anemia, can also be evaluated with blood work. Good luck.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014