Las Vegas, NV

Took oraquick hiv test & it was negative. but when i swabbed the top of my gums it did not hit my upper lip just gums. would that matter in endresult?

Dr. Howard Spector
Orthodontics 41 years experience
Oral HIV Testing: No, that should not be a problem. The purpose of the oral HIV test is to get a sample of saliva from your oral tissues and to determine whether or not any antibodies to the virus are present. The soft tissues in your mouth all contain the same dna. Whether the swab contacted your lips or gums does not matter, though the instructions for use recommend swabbing the gums.
Last updated Jul 19, 2019