why is my left hand swelling up? yes, i am a leftie.

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
May be you have: Over done it, working too hard using your dominant hand, inflammatory tendonitis. Check it out.

Is it ok if I put sunscreen on my baby hands and she puts them in her mouth?

Dr. Sharon Gilliland
No: It's not a good idea for infants to ingest sunscreen. For this very reason, i recommend that sunscreen not be put on the hands of babies.

How can I prevent swelling in my ankles and feet?

Dr. Charlotte Magnussen
Rest: Pregnancy is associated with mild swelling for feet and ankles especially as the pregnancy approaches term. Excessive swelling can be a symptom of pre eclampsia and you should consult your caregiver. In general swelling can be managed by keeping feet elevated as much as possible, avoid long periods of sitting or standing , wear support hose and get plenty of rest.

Is facial swelling normal in pregnancy?

Dr. Chukwuma Onyeije
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
No: Swelling of any type is caused by body fluid in places where it normally should not be. When you are pregnant your body produces more blood cells and more serum (the fluid that blood cells float in). This increase in cells and fluid are important for the developing baby, but it can also lead to swelling during pregnancy. Extra fluid accounts for about a quarter of the weight that a woman gains.

What can be done for a puncture wound on my right hand near my thumb?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Child Psychiatry 35 years experience
Several things: You may need an x-ray, a tetanus shot and some antibiotics.

Is it okay to have a lump checked while having PMS symptoms like breast swelling?

Dr. Hashim Alani
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Breast lump: Yes, you need to see a general surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery.