How long until i can go back to work had surgery on my collarbone put plate and screw in my work is stuff like picking up big pots of beans and potato?

Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 39 years experience
Bone has to heal: Once the bone shows signs of being healed (bony bridging) and you have completed pt it will be intuitively obvious when you will be had to get back to "work". This usually takes a good 8-12 weeks. Ask your surgeon when it will be feasible.
Dr. John Munshower
Ask surgeon: Everyone heals differently and some people have the potential to return to work quicker than others. Depending on your rehab, improved muscle strength and return to a relatively normal/pre-surgical range of motion, these will determine a more definitive date for you. You need to follow-up with your surgeon or at least pcp, to get a best answer of a return to work date. Best wishes.

Last updated Mar 4, 2014