U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

I am interested in the field of medicine and wanted to start researching infectious diseases. how should i go about doing this?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
First: Work on a bachelor's degree. Study hard, get good grades and take a pre-med curriculum if possible. Apply to take mcat's and apply to medical schools. Or you can go a doctoral or masters route on the research side of things. Take care.
Last updated Mar 16, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.