i rub hand soap on my knee when i get stressed, is that weird?

Dr. Vinay Pampati
Orthopedic Surgery 17 years experience
Whatever: works to relieve your stress without hurting you is not weird!

Could myoma cause leg and hip pain?

Dr. Ronald Galyon
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Possibly: They are of two types. The leiomyoma occurs in the skin or gut but the common form is the uterine fibroid. Rhabdomyomas are rare tumors of muscles, they occur in childhood and often become malignant assuming this is a uterine fibroid, if it were in the proper anatomic location it could cause vascular compromise, nerve compression, pelvic cramping or even a referred pain pattern.

What might cause a lot of pain in the fleshy part of my hand below the thumb?

Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience
Arthritis: The most common place for arthritis of the hand is at the base of the thumb. This can cause pain in the fleshy part of thumb, known as the thenar emminance. See a board certified orthopaedic hand surgeon for evaluation and treatment.
Spartanburg, SC

Everytime I stand up I have pain and burning in my left foot that starts at my 3rd toe all the way to my ankle. What can that be?

Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 31 years experience
Nerve related: Sound like a nerve related condition: ie: neuroma, neuritis.
Dr. Ronald Galyon
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Morton's neuroma, versus other neuropathic condition. Fracture not likely.
Aug 21, 2012
Mobile, AL

My ring finger on my left hand hurts really bad on the knuckle. It has a knot on the side of it. Could I have possibly tore a ligament or something?

Dr. Kamel Sadek
Several Options: If you recentry injured the area of concern, then a tendon injury is possible. If not. You could have developed a ganglion cyst which tends to be common in the wrist and hand. I would have a physician examine it to find out what would be the next step.
Palo Alto, CA

My right ankle is a little pain after running for 30 minutes. Should I stop running for a while?

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine 18 years experience
Maybe...: We suggest rest, ice, elevation, compression and NSAID of choice. You don't necessarily have to stop, but you may need to back off some. If it worsens, you may have to stop and get it checked out.

Last updated Jul 22, 2014