is it normal for my baby to sleep without closing her eyes?

Dr. Pamela Lindor
Yes: Especially in the newborn period, there are times when a baby will be asleep with one or both eyes still partially open. This is not harmful. If, however, you notice problems with your baby's eyes or eyelids all the time, or while they are awake, please consult your baby's doctor.
Dr. David Leszczyszyn
Sleep Medicine 27 years experience
Yes.: This is a normal phenomenon. The most common condition that can somewhat mimic this partial eye opening in sleep is bell's palsy. Unlike the normal incomplete eye closure above, in bell's there is true weakness typically of the eye closing muscles on one side with frequent involvement of other facial muscles on that affected side. Commonly there is sound sensitivity and some change in taste.