should i be concerned if i discovered a lump under my tongue. could this be cancer?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
34 years experience Medical Oncology
See a doc: I would suggest you see a physician, preferably an ent, asap. I don't usually advise people to get worried or too concerned but if that's the only way to make you see one, please be concerned.
Answered on Mar 3, 2014
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience Dentistry
Unknown: Personally, I am always concerned of the unknown. Until you are examined locally by an oral surgeon, we don't know what that lump is. It may be absolutely nothing, or it might be more serious. Until we know what it is, there is concern. That's why you need to call for an appointment.
Answered on Mar 20, 2014
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Lump under tongue: This would have to be seen in person. It may be normal anatomy, something benign, or less likely but possible something more serious. See your general dentist or an oral surgeon to find out for sure.
Answered on Mar 20, 2014