United Kingdom

i can't take mucinex (guaifenesin) due to impact on gi track, any other medicine to clear mucus;? it becomes obstructed between my throat and lung, causes discomfort

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
Find the cause; RX: Mucinex (guaifenesin) is a marginally useful drug. It would not make much difference whether you take it or not. You need to go see a pulmonologst and ask him to find the reason for your chronic cough? Is it asthma? Or some respiratory allergy? It is best to treat the cause. As for thick mucus, best solution is drink liberal amounts of liquids so you are well hyderated. Also try a home remedy using honey+lemon.