U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 52-year-old female asked:

Gp has me on 30 mg of diazepam for anxiety and muscle spasms - he retired & new gp wants me off or to seek pchychiatry what to do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 30 years experience
Anxiety: It is probably time to come off. This treatment you are on is in no way designed for ongoing use. It is not a cure. It is highly addictive and you seem to be on a very high amount. I see you are in behavior therapy. Anxiety is cured by gaining insight into how you perceive the world, redefining how you understand your experience and getting some space between traumatic events.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 18, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.