U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Marina Del Rey, CA
A 42-year-old male asked:

I regularly have a mucus type substance discharge almost like diarrhea. it is sometime bloody. any idea what would cause this?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Mucus discharge: You should see a gastroenterologist and undergo a colonoscopy to rule out the possibility of inflammatory bowel disease.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 26, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.