i was preparing a lot of different foods for a big party at my house & my face starting getting itchy & blotchy. one of my eyes is swollen & runny.

Dr. James Andrea
Dentistry 34 years experience
Allergy: With so many different foods it may be difficult to determine the culprit but the blotchy and itchy rash along with swelling suggests an allergic type reaction. Try to make a list of things you were incontact with while it is still fresh and then go for allergy testing. Continue the Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and get help if it gets worse this can be life threatening.

Last updated Feb 27, 2017