WA

33 weeks preg.this is the second time my mucus plug has come out. this time it was very red and now im having brown blood when i whipe.is this normal?

Dr. Alan Patterson
Please call your OB: Not normal at 33 weeks, you need evaluation as that should not happen at 33 weeks.
Dr. Timothy Raichle
Concerning...: In the presence of increased mucous discharge and blood, one has to think that this might represent a change in your cervix. Given that you are only 33 weeks pregnant, this certainly must be checked by your OB provider. Blood tends to tun into a brownish discharge as it evolves over time. For directed questions, check out my site: www.Obgynhelp.Com.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014