Canada

I seem to have developed an allergy to our new dogs. tried several antihistamines but benadryl (diphenhydramine) works best. can i take on a regular basis?

Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Addiction Medicine 34 years experience
Allergy: Remember the best treatment is avoidance and we have the same problem. I'd sacrifice to be with my dogs too, hehehe. If you can tolerate Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and it's the only thing that works, you can take it regularly, but remember, it can make you sleepy. Have fun with the dogs, i hope you will develop tolerance.
Dr. James Lin
Here are some...: Congratulate for finding Benadryl (diphenhydramine) to relieve the symptoms dog-related allergy. Following Dr. Delrosario's view-avoidance is really decent, though maybe politically incorrect for those who obsess with something like dog as pet. Oftentimes what you need is not what you like. Beware: Life is a constantly changing & adjusting dynamic process of struggle to cope with reality, certainty, & uncertainty..

Last updated Dec 16, 2015