U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 49-year-old member asked:

Please let me know who can i go to to get help with feeling suicidal?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
If you have thoughts: Of death without plan or intent to carry it out - please get help from a psychologist or psychiatrist. If you feel despair and are you are having acute thoughts about killing yourself, get seen at the nearest emergency room now. Have a friend or relative drive you or call 911 for emergency services for transport. You can call the national suicide hotlines 24/7 at 1-800-suicide (1-800-784-2433).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Provided original answer
or 1-800-273 – talk (1-800-273-8255) for support.
Mar 3, 2014

Related questions

A 41-year-old member asked:
What to do if I'm feeling suicidal, please help me?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
Feeling extremely suicidal, it's taking over my life. Is there anywhere i can go for help?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
I am feeling like i'm going to die due to suicidal thoughts?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
What do you do to stop feeling suicidal?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 16, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.