please help extremely important i was prescribed remeron (mirtazapine) 15mg on the 14th it is te 21st can i stop it cold turkey? thanks in advanced!how long wds?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
No cold turkey!: Definitely get a doctor to help you taper off this drug. This is a reason it should only be used if nothing else can help. Do stop if you want to - but with a very slow taper. Here are links: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/mirtazapine and http://www.Drugs.Com/mirtazapine.Html in the "more" tab are q;a and users group. Best!
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Slow taper after being on a minimal dose for one week?
Feb 21, 2014