went twice to doctors and he keeps giving me meds for chest/throat infection and i'm not getting better can't sleep and lot of cough with chest tight?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Martin Raff
55 years experience Infectious Disease
Infection: Without the ability to examine you and obtain a full history it is impossible to know what is going on. Would suggest that if you are dissatisfied with the opinions being given by your doctor that you get a second opinion from a specialist (either a pulmonologist or infectious diseases expert). Good luck and hope you are better soon.
Answered on Mar 22, 2020
1
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
44 years experience Dentistry
Second opinion: You might need to be on different meds, but best choice would possibly be referred to an ENT specialist or get more than one opinion. There can be different strains of the potential infection that you have, which means sometime a trial and error approach to treatment.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
1