U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 59-year-old female asked about a 51-year-old male:

My brother 51 years old has got lung cancer that has spread to bones spine, aggresive.no treatment worked but they don't no what cancer it is.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 52 years experience
Seek expert Help: We can help you if you send us his complete information. I suspect he has cancer of unknown primary site(?). It is called cup and it means the doctors are unable to find where it started and then spread into bones and lungs. He could get a second opinion at a major cancer center where gene profiling can be done; that often indicates the primary site of origin of cup. This may further guide treatm.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 19, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.