United Arab Emirates

My father 60 years old kidney disease&creatinine level 8.2mg/dl.he is diabetic&bp patient, now facing dialysis.help me bring back to normal life?

Dr. Alan Seplowitz
50 years experience
Kidney transplant.: The patient clearly has advanced kidney failure and needs dialysis. In the long run, kidney transplantation would enable him to have a much more normal lifestyle than he could hope to achieve on dialysis.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 49 years experience
Dialysis: You father will need to start dialysis due to his kidney disease. You father is still young enough to be considered for a kidney transplant (t). If he is lucky he may be able to get a kidney and pancreas transplant that would cure both his kidney disease and diabetes. If the absence of a t he will need to be on some sort of dialysis (d). While it a new life style many patients live well on d.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin commented
Provided original answer
You ask if it were possible to bring you father's creatinine to normal from its level of 8.2 mg/dl. The answer is probably not, unless he has some obstruction to his urinary outflow tract. Ask your father's nephrologist for more information.
Feb 15, 2014
Last updated Feb 26, 2014