Canada

I recently started trt injections my muscles are sometimes twitching & contracting on there own especially @ night. doesn't hurt but is this normal?

Dr. Wendy Askew
26 years experience
Shouldn't be happeni: That isn't supposed to occur. I hope you are rotating your sites. You may need to see what base the testosterone is in, but also - your profile says you are 19 years old, and while it's not impossible, most 19 year olds shouldn't be deficient in testosterone. I hope you are seeing a very knowledgeable practitioner, and hopefully they are looking into why someone so young is deficient.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 59 years experience
Why trt???: You should have a clear indication for testosterone injections. Are you without testes because of surgery or congenital defect? Changing sex from female to male? If not, you are likely to discover that the harm exceeds the benefit. Are you under the care of a dr of urology or endocrinology? I wonder if there is something besides testosterone in those injections. You may wish to get a second opinio.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 59 years experience
Provided original answer
you may benefit from a second opinion. Be sure to consult a genuine MD.
Feb 17, 2014
Last updated Feb 17, 2014