U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

How can i decrease the symptoms of my gallbladder?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Barry Rosen
General Surgery 35 years experience
Cholecystectomy: Gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy) remains the "gold standard" for treatment of gallbladder disease. It is a safe, usually simple operation, typically performed via minimally-invasive surgery. While there are methods to dissolve gallstones, they fail because the stones return. Avoiding fried and fatty foods may decrease the probability of attacks but is not foolproof.
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care 26 years experience
Fat: It depends on how severe , how frequent your attacks are Some manage with diet, weight loss etc. others have surgery to have it removed. If you are not having severe symptoms you can probably just watch it. Avoid greasy food, oils fats. Weight loss. May want to repeat image in 6 months to ensure it looks normal.

Related questions

A 58-year-old female asked:
I think i have gallbladder problem. What are symotoms?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 49-year-old member asked:
What exactly does gallbladder issues symptoms feel like?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
What are symptoms of thickening of the gallbladder wall?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 39-year-old member asked:
Does gallbladder symptoms intensify while laying on back?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
Could gallbladder problems be a symptom of something else?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated May 29, 2017

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.