Australia

My motherinlaw is receiving radiation once a week for a melanoma. is it safe for her to be around my children and myself as i am pregnant?

Pathology 45 years experience
Yes: Receiving radiation therapy does not make a person radioactive. I hope that she has the opportunity to enjoy the company of the people who love her.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgical Oncology 18 years experience
Yes: She does not become radioactive from the treatment and is not a harm to you or your children. Be sure to use good hand hygiene to prevent her from catching a cold or the flu.
Last updated Sep 23, 2014